Re: Roger Duncan Builder Limited
When we became serious about building a new home we started paying more attention to the feedback of those who had built – or feedback via their friends. While some had enjoyed the “building” experience a significant number had negative messages – some to the point that they would never build again. It appeared the issues revolved around;
- Costs exceeded expectation,
- Poor relationship and communication with the builder
- Work below standard and not satisfactorily being rectified.
Roger Duncan Builders Limited has recently completed building our own designed 1920’s style country villa. Our experience with Roger and his team has been extremely positive. We love our new home, its quality finish, functionality and flow.
What did impress us about Roger was his honesty, integrity and professionalism – both as a businessman and as a skilled tradesman.
From day one Roger;
- Obtained quotes from alternative suppliers to ensure the house quote was as cost effective as possible. Roger won the job on this basis.
- Suggested alterations to the specifications that saved money but did not alter the character or style of the house, and
- Discussed and quantified improvements/additions that enhanced our house.
Throughout the building process we found Roger was proactive with communications. He would inform us well in advance of the need and date by when to select items and when various decisions had to be made. When alterations were made Roger would provide an estimate and these proved to be reliable and there no surprises with the invoices.
Like any building project there were a few areas that needed tidying up and these have addressed.
Roger has a core team of reliable, pleasant, young men on his building staff and is serviced well by reliable sub contractors and suppliers.
We have no hesitation in recommending Roger Duncan as a builder. We are happy to discuss this with any of his prospective clients.
Rosemary & Selwyn Tisch
2 June 2007